- CBBC NEWSROUND - GENERATION INSPIRATION
- CHILDWISE MONITOR REPORT 2012/2013
- CHILDWISE MONITOR - SECTIONS
- CHILDWISE MONITOR OVERVIEW 2013
- CHILDWISE TRENDS REPORT 2013
- CHILDREN'S CROSS MEDIA ACTIVITY 2012
- CHILDWISE MONITOR PRE-SCHOOL REPORT 2012
- BRIEFING NOTE - LIFE COMPARED WITH A YEAR AGO
- WHAT THE PRESS HAVE BEEN SAYING
- CHILDWISE POCKET FACT SHEET 2013
- NEWS ARCHIVE
CHILDWISE Monitor Pre-School Report 2012
Find out more about how the youngest children behave, what they are into and how their skills develop.
By the time that children reach the age of 5, many attitudes and behaviour patterns are already established.
This report looks at media use and wider experience among pre-school children, as told to us by their parents.
- A third of 0-4s have the skills to use touchscreen devices such as phones and tablets
- However, TV remains the most important medium for this age group, with under 5s spending two hours a day on average watching
- Just over one in four 0-4s enjoy comics or magazines
- Four in ten use a games console, whilst one in ten have their own console
- A quarter access the Internet, with half of users going online more than weekly
- One in five sometimes use a mobile phone, whilst one in seven use apps
- One in nine under 5s get pocket money, on average £3.40 a week
- Four in five attend nursery, playgroups or similar, and two in five do extra curricular activities such as swimming
To find out more about the report click here